Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 July 2011

The Journey

The Journey begins to make the decision. I am almost certain that the Camp-Inn model is the one for us and know that I just have to get Annie inside one to convince her that its the right move.

Camp-Inn produce Three styles of trailer the traditional Teardrop model's 500 and 550 and the extended Raindrop model 560 which contains an additional Couch at the front of the trailer and has a close resemblance to a spaceship. Camp-Inn are based in Necedah Wisconsin so a trip to the factory was a long way and not on my immediate agenda.
Fortunately there are a number of Teardrop related web forums and through the Tearjerkers web site I found a post to a Teardrop camp out planed for September 2010 in New Hampshire at Mi-Te-Jo Campground. A couple of posts later and I was sold on the journey as I discovered there would be at least two Camp-Inn Teardrops there for the weekend.

I convinced Annie that we were going and a journey of 1,000 km each way with some shopping in the States thrown in brought us to Mi-Te-Jo on a Saturday morning to be met by Alan Hill my original contact who introduced us to not two but three Camp-Inn trailers Two 560's and One 550. After much show and tell and some trips around some other trailers original and home builds we said our goodbyes and left for our long journey home with much to discuss.
I think the Deal was done there and then because by the time we crossed the border we must have brought almost half of the items we needed to equip a Teardrop and we had not even ordered one yet.

Camp Inn Website

No comments:

Post a Comment